Monday, June 9, 2014

Tutorial ~ Think outside your box, use your stash...



Do you look at all your supplies and wish you could customize it to fit your work?
Do you look at all your stash and wonder how you will ever use it all?
Today I am going to share a couple of things that, I hope, will help you use those things up!
First thing is to pull out your circle punch.
I used my punch to change some die cuts and stickers, so they would better suit my purpose.

  

I punched square tags and cut stickers and I even pulled out my smaller circle punch and put it to use.



I also love incorporating packaging into my layouts, so the little card from Mei Li Paperie even had a turn with my circle punch!



So hands up who has an overabundance of journal cards or the likes?? Layering is a great way to use up your excess. I pull out the ones I want to use and start putting them all together. Again, don't forget to include the packaging!




A little tip for making sure things are straight.., Lay everything down on a lined craft mat. Once I was happy with my layers I used some double sided tape to stick things down



I add a staple to the middle, this will be hidden by my photo later. The staple just keeps everything together.



After adhering all of this to my page I then stuck down the punched circles and die cuts. Some of these I inked around the edge, some I “popped” with foam tape.


The next step was to add my title, embellishments and journal strips.



A few other tips?Cut your die cuts and journaling tags, then you'll stretch your stash even further. Using thread and splashes of ink adds some more interest to your page.


Don’t be too worried about how many layers you create. Giving new life to your older stash means you can now add new things to your supplies!


It also means you end up with another scrap page completed. And you have to be happy with that!
Happy creating everyone
Sharmaine

Materials Sharmaine Used: 








No comments:

Post a Comment